Thursday, December 13, 2012

December 13, 2012

Oh happy day!  It was a very busy day.  Really there was no time to indulge in the afternoon luxury of having tea with lemon.  Knowing that I needed to be kind to myself  and sit for a minute as I found myself whirling about in circles and running errands all day,  I  sat down at my computer and decided to look at some Early American Folk Art images for some cherished quiet moments.  I typed in William Matthew Prior.  I love to ooh and aah over folk art portraits from long ago, and voila, I found this sweet little baby image by William Matthew Prior, an Early American Folk Artist.  Incidently, my sister and her family found this above reproduction at an antiques mall.  Knowing how much I love folk art portraits, my sister purchased the reproduction for me as a birthday gift.  I was puzzled as to whom the original artist was, now I know~  My above picture is a reproduction by Delores Stick.  She has done such an amazing job! I am so pleased to have such a work of art!

No comments:

Post a Comment