Wednesday, December 19, 2012

December 19, 2012

Sigh.  It has been 5 days since our Country and my  beautiful state of Connecticut suffered such a horriffic tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut.  The days seem filled with such heavy hearts, and teary eyes. Though I did not know any of the members who perished, I feel such grave sorrow for each and every family involved.  I am a mother and could not even imagine all that these families have had to endure. No words can ease the empty space that exists where life and laughter once was.  In trying to put perspective all that has occured during what should be a most festive time of year, I composed a little ode that I plan to share on Christmas Day:


Little Tree that stands so bright
Will you bring joy on Christmas night
With echoed whispers of great sorrow
Please bring hope and peace
For a better tomorrow.
Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lina, I would like to be the first person to comment on your brand new blog. Looks like your off to a great start. You are so talented with words, the poems you write, and craft making the blog should be popular. I've enjoyed the posts so far especially the one from yesterday, and the poem at the end. Congrats on a job well done. Have a happy holiday and I'll be rooting for you. Fondly, Mary Goddard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary,
      I am glad you were the first person to comment- thank you. It means alot.
      Sincerely,
      Lina

      Delete
  2. Lina -

    Thanks for your kind words on my blog. I'm glad to see YOU are blogging. You have a number of talents! Your poem is a great prayer. It seems that we have a lot in common - kids on the spectrum, art interests and writing. I hope this coming year brings you many joys.

    Dixie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dixie-
      Yes, we do have so very much in common. You offer me so much inspiration. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I am still trying to "perfect" my blog a bit more and add some features such as places I like to visit and linking up with other bloggers, etc. I am hoping that once my kids are back in school I can putter around with it some more. This is a cyber leap for me.
      Blessings to you and yours~
      Lina

      Delete