Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February 20, 2013

 
Finally Finished!! I started a doll challenge in September for the Maida Dolls Group  that I belong to.  It was to make a Columbian style Doll. I made mine using Connie Tognali's 19 inch  Columbian Doll pattern.Connie's pattern was very detailed and had many steps.  She worked very hard at putting this pattern together I am sure glad that she did. I reduced my doll pattern by about fifty percent.I wanted a small doll. I guess you can say I am slow in the creative process as it is mid February and I just finished her. I have a habit of starting more than one creative project at a time and some of my projects stand on the sidelines and wait patiently for me to pick them up again and continue onwards and upwards towards the finish line.Thankfully little Charlotte(a wee 11inches long and painted with akyd oils)was patient with me while we enjoyed this journey.

2 comments:

  1. Lina, Your colombian doll is perfection. You have captured the style they were made and painted as. The name charlotte is my all time favorite name for a girl. I'm sure I must have at least one doll in my collection named Charlotte. Congrats on a great job. Mary G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte was named after the bllizzard we had. I was hurrying to try to finish the unnamed doll, and decided Charlotte would be perfect. Thank you for commenting.
      Sincerely
      Lina

      Delete