Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 1, 2013

Happy New Year, 2013!
It is such a joy to wake up to the endless possibilities of a New Year. My thoughts engage in all my aspirations for the 12 months that lie ahead of me. I don't really like talking of resolutions as they are so hard to keep for more than a mere few days. I don't like the disappointment that it can bring.  I do like to think of skills, goals, and dreams that I would like to try and  fulfill. I do have many and pray for the time and courage to see them thru-
These are some of my goals:
To paint a portrait in the Early American Folk Art style
To open up an Etsy account to sell some of my handiwork
To finish some unfinished projects
The courage to be me in my art and in all things.
Amen.
The above clip art image is found at www.thegraphicsfairy.com

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lina, a great blog today. Here I am in sunny Florida 70-80 degree weather, while up in VT. we hear it's -14 below. I do think of family back home everyday and pray for them each night. I've only spent 2 winters here and I long for the snowy white winters up north. This is what gives us all the hope for new beginnings when spring arrives. Your blog today inspired me to quilt, as my sewing machine sits lonely on the counter. Keep warm inside and enjoy hot chocolate,tea and the blessings of the new year. Happy and healthy to you and yours. Your friend, Mary Goddard.

    ReplyDelete