Friday, January 4, 2013

January 4, 2013

Winter Days~
January stands in a silence of snow.  All is still and quiet, too cold to move and play. It is as if one is frozen in thought and time.  The trees stand so poignant and brave like soldiers ready for duty. Sounds are muted in a thick white glaze of snow and ice and the wind plays tag with the lonesome call of all "winged things." If one is quiet, you can hear the pesistant peck of a woodpecker knocking on the door of a tree. It is as if it says, let me in. We will weather this season together.

I, in my own way love the sweet soulfoulness of a cold winter's day. The holidays are over, the rush is a distant memory, and now the time has come to reflect in the vastness of white.  I love the joys one can  admire in all that is white and gray-there is a quiet contemplative beauty that only a cold winter day can bring. It is here for the taking.  Enjoy your winter day~
Lina

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lina, such sweet words in your blog today. I do feel meloncholy as I think of the freshly fallen white snow and bitter cold up north. Makes me long for a great big hug from my sweet, angelic granddaughters. Catch a perfect fallen snowflake and enjoy making snow angels with the kids. Your friend, Mary Goddard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary
      Glad you had a chance to read my blog. Yes the winter is great to be creative.
      Fondly,
      Lina

      Delete